Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just as I was feeling nostalgic for New York City, the new B&H Catalogue dropped (or crashed or thudded) through my letter box this morning. For those of you that don't know B&H they are my favorite shop in the whole world, selling all kinds of wonderful photographic stuff at competitive prices. When the pound/dollar exchange rate was up at £1=$2.00 I had quite a lot of stuff shipped over from them. For American products (in my case, Norman portable flash units) they worked out at about half the price of buying from the official importer - even with the extra shipping costs. If ever you are in New York, the shop itself is worth a visit as a tourist attraction in it's own right as a vision of high volume, maximum efficiency selling (ok, it helps if you like camera stuff...) The website is efficient too though, and definitely worth a visit. (www.bhphotovideo.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment